Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Gingerbread Man Cuff that cries, "Bite me"!


I am off, onto my next loom adventure.

Recently, I sent a pattern to BEAD SOUP, the store I teach "Weaving on a Loom", for sale. After sending it, I decided to make one myself. Here is the original pattern:


As you can see, from the first picture above, I have made some design changes. Removing the upper red background, then forming the upper edge, in the figure of the Gingerbread Man. I is a great way to force a design to stand out, in it's entirety, without having to widen the cuff. Second, I changed the colors offered, in the original pattern, to a more realistic variation, of a cookie. The pattern itself selects three hues of gold Delica 11/0 beads, which is also scrumptious. Finally, I am weaving with 11/0 metallic gold lined opal Japanese glass beads, recreating the 3D impression of "icing". This effect truly offers a new and different aspect, to many ideas and designs.

With so much more to complete and many other accents waiting to be added, this could become a Gingerbread Man you might just want to 'Bite'!! :D I'll share more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment