Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Hummingbird stopped in action, with beads on a loom!

I have been creating painted patterns, for quite sometime. Lately, I started to realize a lesson learned, during my days as a Photography Major. Motion in pictures can be stopped, according to the camera speed selection. I decided to do the same, in my pattern program....adjust the speed! 

Hummingbirds flap their wings so darn fast, it is hard to even see them. Mainly noticed is their body gracefully hovering over a flower. I wanted to include that fact, in this pattern.


The pattern of wings are dabbled in silver lined beads, mixing with the blue background colors to offer a sense of movement, in flight. 

Adding more to the dimension, of the pattern subject, I created a silver netting, over the cuff and surrounded the picture like a framed portrait. This adds a vintage feel. 


The netting is secured, at all intersecting points and the edge includes 4mm glass pearls, in pink. A Silver Clasp is glazed, with patina, in a shade of green, matching the leaves.

Note: You may be able to see a hint of the back. The netting does not effect the neat finish.


8 comments:

  1. This is magnificent. I would love to be able to make one like it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ! Wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful.. I adore it. Hope to loom like that in the future. But it doens't seem easy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and I agree with Gracie - I want to make one someday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to be able to purchase the pattern, as well. My Mom and I love hummingbirds, and we both love to play with beads, although she sticks strictly to making ornaments, I do loom and peyote beading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pattern is,available for sake on my Etsy Shop. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pattern is,available for sake on my Etsy Shop. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete