Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Start Looming in the Perfect Row


As I mentioned in the last post, the other day, I will be offering a 'wip' for this next looming creation. I have completed the first few rows. Notice these rows began in the lower portion of the loom.

I seem to like looming from the 'top down', on most of my patterns. Others have told me they like to loom 'from the bottom up'. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. However, when you are looming something that will include decreases or increases, then the best place to begin is at the widest part of your design.

Because this is a 'split loomed necklace', my narrower portions will be at the upper level of my loom. Therefore, I began my first row of looming below center. This is my widest part and I can continue down till I reach the base, at the point my fringes will be added.

Notice the loom and how the warp weights are still attached. The weights remain stable, during the additions of the wides part. I will be moving and using more of the weight warps when I start the upper section.

No comments:

Post a Comment