Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Sunday, November 21, 2010

3D Lotus SLN

My next looming is something I have shared earlier, but needed to take some time off to complete a few commissions and other projects. I'll be looming full force on this SLN, from now on. To start, I am sharing a picture of where I am to date.

In the picture above, you notice the loomed base of my SLN, being the large part of my pattern, A Lotus. Also attached are a few of the petals, I am hand weaving. The entire Lotus will be completed with 3D petals and leaves. Here are few that I haven't attached yet.

After I complete the bulk of the 'petal additions', then I will complete the lower end of the looming, all the while I will be scribbling and graphing out some interesting designs for the upper looming. The warp weights attached are giving me 'creative license' to make some neat designs!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have never seen such beautiful beading. It literally boggles the mind. I have a tiny bead loom that I love, and a head full of creativity, but I am having trouble trying to figure out how to take it off the loom? I always botch up the ends on an otherwise neat looking piece. Perhaps you could give me a hint?

    ReplyDelete